The Alarm Clock

I prefer the dark quiet hours of night when all is still and my mind undisturbed by noises or bright light. My son is a morning person.

  • If he goes to bed at 7:30, he's energetically awake at 5:00AM.
  • If he goes to bed at 8:30, he's energetically awake at 5:00AM.
  • If he goes to bed at 9:30, he's energetically awake at 5:00AM.
On school days, I don't have to wake up until 7:00AM. My son tries to help. At 5:00AM he wakes me to let me know I can sleep for two more hours. At 5:30, he lets me know I have 1 ½ hours left. At 6:00 he's ever so thoughtful, letting me know I can sleep for yet another hour. At 6:30 he comes in every five minutes to give me the countdown.

If I'm not up by 7:00, he's on my bed and on top of me, bouncing and laughing and making certain I recognize the fact that he exists.

On weekends, he's just as helpful, with no concept of “sleeping in.” I haven't had to set my alarm clock in over five years. I'm not even certain why I bother to plug the thing in.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment