Edin Road Podcast Link Available Here

For those of you who couldn't make the live Edin Road broadcast, there's a direct link to the show on the right hand side of the screen.

What a wonderful experience.

Ms. Jesse V Coffey is an excellent hostess. She knows how to keep the show moving. I was rushed by nerves in the beginning. Her friendly voice helped me relaxe, after a little while.

In preparation for the reading, I scripted my excerpt from "Fire and Ice" so it flowed more like free form poetry and then rehearsed for time (about 15 minutes). I understand by experience the suggestion for writers read their prose aloud. I admit, I read some of my work aloud before submitting for publication. It's time consuming when in the writing process. From now on, I will make the time so I can experience underlying the beat and flow of the prose and make adjustments before publication.

After this experience, I wouldn't be opposed to doing a live reading at a library, school, or bookstore. No, I won't be pursuing a career doing vocals.

Instead of a book trailer, I have the podcast on my web sites with a reading and discussion of the series. An awesome tool.

Yes, I will do this again.

I'll keep you posted.

Carrie O.

No comments:

Post a Comment